Friday, November 19, 2004

Advertising sillliness ... 2 - Wendys

I heard that Wendys is about to do a series of new ads featuring Dave Thomas, founder of Wendys.
Dave Thomas is dead.
I can see the script now:
Knock knock.
"Who is it?"
"Dave, let me in."
"Who?"
"It's me Dave."
"Dave's not here."
"No man, it's me Dave, I brought the burgers."
"Who?"
"DAVE man, open the door."
"Dave's not here."
"No, I'M Dave, hurry up, I went through the drive thru without a car and just run away when I got the burgers ... I didn't pay and I think the cops 're coming."
"Who?"

ETC.

(with apologies to Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong)

UPDATE: Jan 29, 2005. Welcome back to Canada, Tommy Chong, where you don't get thrown in the joint for having a joint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it real - spam or links will be eliminated