Friday, March 21, 2008

Stanley Park cleanup

Last year I complained about the lack of cleanup in visible areas of Stanley Park, in particular around Second Beach. If you want to read the post and the spin letter full of big words from Yuna Flewen I received after I sent the Parks Board a copy, go to our archives at 07/01/2007.
What aroused me was the debris in that little channel leading to Lost Lagoon, just lying there rotting and the bridge that was blocked because a railing was off, at the height of tourist season.

I went by today, and this is what I saw.

Mz Flewen said a consultant had been hired and the area would be cleaned up ... shortly ... that was in July 2007. I guess the consultant is on an hourly wage. I guess no one is managing anything at the Parks Board. I guess they just don't get it. Maybe we need a vigilante cleanup crew?
Maybe some of those Olympic volunteers could turn their expertise to a less glamourous but perhaps more important task?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it real - spam or links will be eliminated